Tuesday, 4 July 2017

How To Keep Our Lips Moisturized All Day


I used to have a very dry and chapped lips. I already applied lip balm on my lips to keep my lips moist, it would always turn to be dried in a minute.  Been using this and that type of lip balm, but it wasn't going better. When I use a matte lipstick, it also will look bad since there will be some lines in my lips. It didn't look good at all (and looked not healthy as well).
I've read in an article that dry and chapped lips can cause our lips darker. It's true, my lips were so much darker at that time. Moreover, I had never cared about my lips before I started using lip balm around three years ago (which also didn't solve any problem of my lips).
Then, my friend asked me to buy a lip scrub together that I wished it would help my lips problem. If you read my lip essentials post, you might be familiar with Gulaco, a handmade lip scrub that I used to help reduced my dry and chapped lips. The thing that made me feel doubt to repurchase is that the day when I didn't apply it, my lips will be dried. The fact, it could reduce it but, it can't be used everyday since it's not 100% natural. Although the product claim is natural but, it still contains preservatives that I can't use it everyday. It only can be used maximum thrice a week.


So, I thought about, why didn't I make it my own lip scrub? I browsed through internet and found out that sugar + honey can be used as a 100% natural lip scrub. Since then, I always apply it twice a day every time I take a bath (Indonesians do the bath twice). Since it's natural, I don't need to worry to use it everyday. And my lips still is moist even if I don't use it for 1 or 2 day(s).
Based on what I read on the internet, sugar can be used to exfoliate our skin, while honey will brighten, and moisturize the skin. It's the perfect combination. By using this mask, my lips look lighter than before. The most important thing is I can use any matte lipstick without afraid that my lips will get dried after that.


You can make your own lip scrub at home like me. What you need is only sugar and honey (raw honey is better). I use raw honey, and it gets my lips moist everyday. Raw honey also can lighten your skin faster (based on my experience). The above picture is the texture of the lip scrub I made. Basically, you can just make it to whichever consistency you want, as long as it's not too liquid or too condensed. It can be saved until 3 months or less.

And here is how I use the scrub:

  1. Wet your lips with a clean water
  2. Apply the scrub on top lips, and rub gently around 1 - 3 minutes
  3. After rubbed, apply honey as a mask. Leave it for a few seconds, then rinse with water
  4. Apply lip balm.

It's a must to apply lip balm after doing the scrub to keep your lips moist. If it's not, your lips gonna dry as the scrub has exfoliated your lips that makes it lost its moisture. But no need to worry, after you apply lip balm, you lips will be moisturized all day.
The bonus if you're doing this everyday is it can lighten your skin. It does work on me, my lips get lighter. It will work better if you add lemon to it as lemon can also lighten dark lips. However, as always, the key is to use it regularly and as this is is natural way, it takes time to make your lips look lighter.

So, to keep our lips moisturized all day, all we need is scrubbing our lips regularly using sugar+honey. It's cheap and easy. I think everyone can do it easily at home. After I scrub my lips twice everyday, I notice that my lips is not as dry and chapped as before, my lips even look healthy and moisturized well. It's a huge improvement for me as dry and chapped lips is one of my serious problem. LOL. Like, previously I was living with my dry lips and I didn't know what to do; I thought, I would have dry and chapped lips forever, and I was wrong. I found this scrub very helpful! Hopefully, it will be helpful for you too, and happy trying!

2 comments:

  1. I used to make honey+sugar lip scrub too but I felt like it was too much work haha, so I brush my lips with toothbrush instead. But my lips are dark too so maybe I'd apply honey before bed. Hopefully that will work. Btw, I recommend Nivea Soothe and Protect for lips. I love it. Not greasy and has spf <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but I enjoy making it. LOL. I used to apply honey before bed too! Aw thanks for the recommendation, probably gonna purchase it soon. Thanks for visiting my blog again :)

      Delete

Let me know your thoughts about this post, I'm happy to see it ;)