Thursday, 29 December 2016

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Pure Active (Blue) Review

 
I was on hiatus for more than a month, and I can't just catch up to blog. This semester is almost killing me. Now I know, how hard our struggle is until we survived. LOL. Seems so desperate, but that's what you feel when you become a senior in a University, cause seems there are lot things to do. Of course, we have to finish the thesis, as the requirement for the graduation, we can say (if you found it's too hard).

So, during my limited free time, I tried to write a blog again. It's been so happening right now, Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, finally, oh finally this product is available in Indonesia. Finally, this product can be found almost everywhere. And I know, here and there, the beauty bloggers are reviewing this already on their blog. It's not that I want to follow the trend, just what works on people are definitely different.


Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water Pure Active is a makeup remover that is formulated for an acne prone skin. My skin condition recently is acne prone that also a little oily on T-zone area. Garnier has two kinds of micellar cleansing water, this blue, and the other one is red for the sensitive skin.

We know that micellar cleanser is so hype right now. Many brands finally launch the Micellar Cleansing Water, let's call it Nivea and a local product, Mineral Botanica. I think, the virus is coming from Bioderma (the popular one) that's not only popular but really does a good thing. Also, those products come at quite an affordable price, you can choose which one suits your skin.


What is Micellar (and how it works)?
If you haven't know what micellar is, I'm gonna explain it based on Garnier US website, here we go..
So, micellar cleansing water is using a micelle molecule that able to pull the dirt away from the face.


The left picture is the traditional cleanser, and the right is how micellar cleanser works. Micellar cleanser able to collect the dirt easily without rubbing harshly, not like the other formula which can't really lift all the dirt. Micellar formula is so gentle, makes the skin smoother. Easily cleans dirt, oil, even makeup in only a few drops.

When to use?
I basically use it twice or three times a day, based on needs. First, after I woke up in the morning, I will cleanse my face with Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, cause I have an oily skin, and when I woke up the oil seems like produce more. It's probably because of the night skincare that I use. Second, at noon when I come home after I went out and I don't feel like go out again, or if I feel tired and need to take shower before go out again. I use it as a makeup remover. My makeup routine is just a DD Cream, mascara, blush on, lipstick, and sometimes eyebrow, and with just a single cotton pad, all the makeup is cleansed. The last, before I go to bed, I also have to clean my skin to get my skin ready for the night skincare routine.

Compare to other micellar cleansing water (with Mineral Botanica)?
Compare to other micellar cleansers, this Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is quite good, it does a pretty good job on my skin. It doesn't feel sticky, so it's comfortable enough to not rinse your face after it. The formula is also light, while Mineral Botanica is too sticky that I have to rinse my skin after that. (More of Mineral Botanica Cleansing Water come soon in the next review).

How it works on foundation or BB/DD/CC cream?
It does a pretty good job to remove makeup, even waterproof. If we talk about how it works on BB/DD/CC Cream, what I personally do is just put 4 drops of the product and a cotton pad (both sides use) and no make up that left anymore. For foundation, since its formulation is heavier, I need like two times (two cotton pads) of 4 or 5 drops to make sure the foundation is erased perfectly on my face. Plus, the eyeshadows, eyeliner, and eyebrow pencil are erased by only 2 cotton pads.

What's the different between blue/red Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water?
I've tried both of them, actually. The first Garnier I've tried is this blue, that's actually perfect for acne prone skin. I concerned to my acnes that sometimes come once or twice in one or two weeks. It did a little help for my acne, it prevents the acne come, but just the intensity of it. My acne sometimes still come :((
Right now I'm using the red one, which is for sensitive skin, cause I feel like little by little, my acne has disappeared. After I tried both, basically the formula is the same, you can choose just base on what you need (your skin condition).

How it works on me?
Overall, Garnier micellar cleansing water is good, it cleans my skin without having to rub it harshly. So, my skin can still be soft and smooth. It doesn't need may times and just put 3 or four drops once you cleanse your face. It's enough for me, or is it because I have a small face? LOL :P For me, it doesn't make any breakout, even my skin is cleaner.
+ Light formula
+ Doesn't make a breakout
+ No need to rinse
+ Only need few drops to clean the whole face
+ Works on waterproof makeup
+ Lift the dirt easily
+ No harsh rubbing
+ Easy to find
+ Cheap (around IDR 27K)


Basically, that's all my review of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, wait for my next review! I hope I can catch up the blog sooner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts about this post, I'm happy to see it ;)